Ifocord Uganda has designed Public health awareness programs with focus on early childhood development programs, girl-child health, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Gender Based Violence (GBV) and environmental health issues
The mission is to promote the health of child mother, women and vulnerable children in the selected communities
IFOCORD aims to address matters of physiological, social health problems across local communities with an objective of specifically undertaking Public Health Awareness by addressing sexual health, gender based violence, early childhood development health programs and environmental issues.
- Public Health awareness campaigns on SRH, GBV, immunization provide data on women and vulnerable children health for planning purposes and other interventions.
- Advocacy and lobbying purposes
- Designing focused interventions and implement them on SRH, GBV and nutrition; Nutritional screening is done hence IFOCORD promotes community based safe motherhood initiatives and strengthen the capacity of communities to demand for services and accountability from Maternal and Child Health duty bearers. We support the VHTs to extend services closer to communities through outreaches with the health centres staff and CSOs. We conduct nutritional screening, support to nutrition treatment through referrals and provision of nutritious foods to the affected families.
- Monitor and evaluate through Most Significant Change stories using participatory video (MSC/PV) assessments.
- Provide psychosocial support to the women and the vulnerable groups
- Participatory approaches
- Identifying the target groups through national statistics such as Demographic health surveys by Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) and participatory learning activities in the communities.
- Develop outcome areas, with defined outputs and activities then implement them
Child Mothers, Women, girl-children and the vulnerable.